Sunday, February 17, 2008

Plagarism: Don't do it.

I did a search for my blog on http://www.copyscape.com, and found an MSN group that had copied several of my posts. I called them on it and they deleted them (and me as a member of their group) and tried to block me. There are ways to get around blocking by IP. I can check and make sure they don't do it again.

I don't mind links or a couple of paragraphs WITH A LINK, but please don't just copy and paste it on your site with asking me! That is not a request.

JUST ASK, that's all I'm asking!

Thanks!

A, Not Muslim Anymore

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin Edgar said...

You might want to try to find out if any U*U ministers have plagiarized your blog for Sunday sermons or something. ;-)

February 17, 2008 at 9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Controversial poster:


http://politics.millionface.com/2008/02/17/i-am-a-muslim-kill-me-and-call-it/

February 18, 2008 at 1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can use javascript to easily stop highlighting and copy-pasting the text from your site. That way, you don't have to rely to the mercy of others.

February 18, 2008 at 1:35 AM  
Blogger Robin Edgar said...

Aw c'mon.

Plagiarism can be loads of fun. ;-)

More seriously, a U*U minister recently "resigned" as a result of having been caught plagiarising teh sermons of some of his colleagues. The internet is great for finding plagiarization. Using Google I serendipitously discovered that Rev. Charles Eddis, the minister emeritus of the Unitarian Church of Montreal, had pretty much plagiarized John Milton's 'AREOPAGITICA' in the fraudulent and effectively obsolete U*U religious propaganda that he wrote years ago.

February 18, 2008 at 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home