Monday, January 7, 2008

I'm not a former Muslim because I don't hate Muslims?

I guess I should read posts on forums before I join them. I joined a former Muslim forum (www.JihadChat.com), and now they think I'm not a former Muslim because I don't have the same hatred for Muslims that they do.

My Intro Post

Hoop Star Hoists her Hijab

When I said:

Am I the only one who believes in her right to wear hijab? Yes I am a former Muslim, but I believe everyone has the right to practice their religion. I am glad that Muslim girls are getting into sports, it is good for their self-esteem, their health, and it is good for non-muslims to get used to them doing what others do.

They started attacking me! First saying I was not Muslim.

at this point I am finding really hard to believe you are an Ex muslim as you claim because for one you ardently defend the faith you purport to have left and that is very unatypical of somebody at odds with Islam so much that have decided to left it.

Any person who defends vile militant, barbarian, pedophelic, totalinarianism is a supporter of such and is anti-freedom and anti-democratic and an enemy to western civilization.

Then more ludicrousness!

Yes, you are the only one who beleives in anyone's right to wear a hijab. Most of us on this forum think islam should be ILLEGAL in the west.

And it gets even more wierd!

if a man divorces a muslim women she is considered unmarraigable for the rest of her life. She will be treated as a leper for the rst of her life. Heck, in Saudi Arabia they have orphanages for divorced women although not many. So this story of marrying more than one muslim man reeks of lies itself...The only other thing I can think of is that she might be american woman who these men used for a green card in which I can imagine they probably would marry a leper.

Well I never experienced that! And I don't live in Saudi Arabia. Many Muslim men in the US will marry a woman who is divorced and has kids. Even a man who has never married or has sex.

I am called a secular humanist liberal like it's a bad thing lol.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez. Obviously the people who are dominant in that group need some therapy.

January 7, 2008 at 11:30 PM  
Blogger A. said...

Or a frontal lobotomy. I think I stumbled upon a very hateful forum, and since I don't agree with the hate, they attack me.

It kind of reminds me of kids on a playground. One starts bullying another kid because they are different, and everyone slse starts joining in.

We're not on a playground anymore people!

January 8, 2008 at 11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's pretty disturbing, if you ask me!

I guess the problem is that most of the people on that board see things in the Islam = Evil Jihad Terrorists dichotomy, and don't take the time to look beyond their warped preconceived notions to see reality. This is not to say that Muslims are perfect or anything, or that these people are dead wrong, because I'm sure you can find the same vitriol against the "other" on Islamic forums.

With that said, those people need therapy!

January 8, 2008 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger Snake Oil Baron said...

Some people who leave Islam probably have a much harder time of it than others. An emerging apostate can turn on an Egyptian TV talk show and see them surveying the audience and finding that a majority believe in killing apostates - when they do, they have to come to terms with the fact that these are their people; their family's people; their ancestors' people.

When you join Islam you lose much in regards to liberty but when you leave you loose family, friends and in many cases your safety and security. They have had to come to the realization that this ideology has repressed generations after generations of people with an intellectual pollution that has done untold damage.

They have seen everything they were taught and put their faith in turn to dust. It was all lies. Now, whenever they see stories about honor killings and Iranian morality police and Sharia law they realize that they would have once had to dance around these issues ("not representative", "out of context" "misinterpretations"). The thought that they once would have made excuses or rationalizations is probably shameful to them.

Anger and defensiveness might not be the healthiest reaction but it is understandable. Similar reactions occur when people leave Scientology or evangelical Christian faiths and while it can cause some to cluster around in bitter pity parties like the one you seem to have found it can also inspire some to do a lot of work criticizing these beliefs and exposing the contradictions they contain and the harm that they do.

January 8, 2008 at 10:25 PM  
Blogger Malaysian Canadian said...

I have experienced the same thing on FFI. Suddenly, I wasn't a real Ex-Muslim because I didn't believe in bringing everyone out of Islam or that some people can practice Islam in a good manner.

Murtad Mama

January 13, 2008 at 9:02 PM  
Blogger A. said...

Murtad Mama, I saw your post in FFI. Believe it or not, they are even MORE rabid on Jihad Chat!

Anisah

January 13, 2008 at 9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow they are hardliners.

Amazed of their outburst, especially m (something) with an avatar of a bearded furious, my guess, muslim. They really have some issues.

I ones almost considered myself a "racist" towards racist, but decided that that was hypocracy, but these comments almost gets my mind turned around again, but no. I feel sorry for them, that they are filled wich such hatred

best wishes

Tvebak

January 14, 2008 at 7:01 PM  
Blogger WillowTheWhisp said...

I'm interested to see that you can be an ex-Muslim without showing all the hatred and animosity that many do show. Your understanding of people's right to choose to live the way they want to is admirable.

February 19, 2008 at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home