Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Imam speaking at my Unitarian Church

I was looking at the calender for the Unitarian church I go to today, and I noticed that in a week and a half a local Imam (leader of a mosque) is going to speak there. That'll be interesting. Don't worry, I won't boo him or throw food at him. Not in the church anyway lol

I have nothing against Muslims. I will welcome what he has to say to the group. Hopefully he won't get all preachy at me, saying I shouldn't have left Islam, or that you can't leave it (I'm sure he won't say the latter with non-Muslim around anyway). If he asks why I left I'll tell him the truth: the rituals got empty for me, and then I finally started questioning things I should have questioned earlier but had just accepted. It is a misogynistic religion, and I won't stay in a religion that treats women like children that don't have a brain. I won't raise my kids in that.

A.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What makes you think that Islam treats women like dirt? Is it because of the order from Allah swt to cover parts of your body that can make men go wild?
Before Islam came, women were treated worse than dirt, they were treated like shit, literally. When girls were born, they would be buried underground.

April 23, 2007 at 8:25 PM  
Blogger A. said...

So women MAKE men go wild? Riight. Men should take responsibility for what they do!

I responded to your comment here.

A.

April 28, 2007 at 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home