Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Blogs I have Been Reading

I've been doing some blog-hopping and have been reading a few blogs with interest. Several I have added to my link list on the side, others I haven't. Not in any specific order.

Edited to add another one I just found: Peaceful Muslimah ~ A woman who speaks out when she sees an injustice, even if they are Muslim. Go girl! Also her trials and tribulations with a soon-to-be-ex husband whose estranged and supposedly soon-to-be-ex wife got back with him right after she married him. He does not support her or spend much time with her.

Between Obligation, Conscience, Beliefs and Desire ~ Fascinating Blog by a Canadian Muslim who lives in Egypt. She is a great writer, really makes you feel like you are actually there in the moment. She is dealing with problems with her husband, who is still in Canada (after she being in Egypt 6 years). He has married a couple of times and she found out by accident. In Islam, you (well he really, since women can't have more than one husband) are supposed to spend equal time with each wife if you have more than one wife. He has not done this and gets mad when she brings up her rights.

Honorary Arab ~ American (I think) Muslim convert who blogs about what she has gone through over the past few years in her life and with her now-ex Egyptian husband, who was married in Egypt and had twins and didn't tell her until after her marriage.

Chickpea Love ~ Woman who grew up Muslim with parents who converted. She blogs about her life and her recent trials and tribulations in dealing with her family concerning her serious relationship with her non-Muslim boyfriend. Coincidentally, she grew up in the same town that my ex's brother lives in and she knows his family. She's diplomatic with her family but firm. We have emailed and chatted, she's very nice.

Apostate ~ Pakistani who was raised Muslim and is now an atheist. Interesting articles and opinions.

A, blogging fool ;)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found your blog from:
http://apostate.wordpress.com

We’re apostates of Islam with a twist: a sense of humor, unlike Ali Sina type apostates. We’d love to get in touch with you. Feel free to email us: pk_script [at] yahoo

To learn what we’re about, please read:

http://towelianism.wordpress.com/manifesto/
http://towelianism.wordpress.com/introduction/

April 21, 2007 at 3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't consider myself an apostate, but most Muslims would. I left the orthodox aqidah, and really the "religion", as my own understanding of Islam has led me to believe it's a simple and seperate way of life. I guess I'm somewhere in between! Anyway, thanks for visiting my blog.

Dave
http://parallelsidewalk.wordpress.com

April 29, 2007 at 5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home